- All plant based materials will be either organic or wild crafted.
- Organic agriculture supports a cleaner environment.
- Preference for family farms. Support fair prices for farmers.
- Wild crafted materials will be sustainably collected with strict compliance to government regulations.
- Support of wild crafted materials provides collectors with a means of livelihood. In India (where Ayurvedic herbs are grown), collection of wildcrafted herbs is reserved for those who live in the forest and need a livelihood. Please take a look at this video for a first hand look.
- We will work to reduce the number of intermediaries between ourselves and the farmer and work with herbal raw material suppliers that support practices listed below :
- Support gender equality for workers throughout the supply chain; from farm to factory.
- Educate growers about child labor.
- Support local communities near growing areas with activities such as aid for education, school supplies, internships, assistance in medical care.
- Manufacturers with established policies and best practices such as: Recycle herbal/agricultural by products by offering it to farmers as livestock feed, compost for use as fertilizer.
- Minimize use of water and recycle as much as possible.
- Use solar or wind energy.
- All of our packaging components always have been and will always be completely recyclable.
- All of our product labels are printed using solvent free inks; minimizing VOC emissions. These inks eliminate drying equipment, reducing the carbon footprint.
- We use recyclable and biodegradable packaging materials in our warehouse operations. Packing “popcorn” is non-toxic, vegetable based and dissolves harmlessly in a landfill.
SUSTAINABLE CULTIVATION • ORGANIC • WILD CRAFTED • FAIR TRADE
For centuries Ayurvedic philosophy has advocated for humans to live in harmony with nature; with respect and reverence for the resources she provides. Nature’s Formulary has always believed in this philosophy. Our commitment to the program is reflected by the display of the seal of the program “Sustainable Cultivation • Best Practices” on our product label. Here are some of our policies:
Nature’s Formulary products will be manufactured from organic or wild crafted herbal raw materials, as far as possible. To support this, we utilize initiatives under a program titled “Sustainable Cultivation • Best Practices”. The objective of the program is to establish criteria for working with suppliers of the company’s natural materials. Nature’s Formulary will give preference to suppliers who support these initiatives:
Nature’s Formulary’s on-going internal practices include: